- Raw Peanuts - as many as you like (400g will make about 250ml of Peanut Butter)
- Large Frying Pan
It'll take about 20 minutes
This is the easiest thing in the world.
- Dry-fry (no oil etc.) the peanuts in the large frying pan for about 10 mins or for as long as it takes for the peanuts to become golden brown.
- This will encourage the oils in the peanuts to release - which is exactly what we want!
- Put the now-roasted peanuts into the blender and blend.
- Blend, blend, blend and blend some more.
- There will be a point when you think nothing’s happening and the small bits of peanut are just moving around the blender, or just stuck in place. Give the stuck pieces a nudge with a spatula and get back to blending.
- Blend, blend, blend even more until, eventually, the mixture starts to bind together and turn into a thick solid mass.
- Keep blending and the mixture will loosen up become a lovely, smooth, peanut butter.
- Spoon out into a suitable container and allow to cool (or just eat it there and then, I won’t judge you).
Top Tips =
- If you prefer a chunky peanut butter, save some of the roasted peanuts back and only put them into the blended mixture at the end with a bit of a stir - lovely!